The Advanced Critical Language Institute for Russian Immersion (ACLI) will be hosting a summer immersion program from June 21-August 5, 2012.
The ACLI is a Stony Brook University International Academic Program, which is co-hosted by the St. Petersburg State University, The Higher School of Economics in St. Petersburg, and The SUNY/St. Petersburg Center also in St. Petersburg.
Program highlights include:
- A six-week intensive language study program in the magical atmosphere of St. Petersburg in the summer
- Language instruction led by qualified St. Petersburg Russian language faculty
- A cultural program created to best experience the classical and modern wonders of St. Petersburg’s cultural heritage including the Hermitage Museum, the canals and courtyards, and the White Nights
- Reinforced linguistic and cultural immersion due to home-stays with Russian families throughout the program
- Students will earn 9 credits for participating in this immersion program, which includes 4-5 hours daily classroom instruction with a total of 140 classroom hours.
- Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing may apply.
- Successful completion of at least two years of Russian language coursework is required.
- Upon acceptance, students will be required to submit a written exam and to participate in a phone interview, in Russian, for placement purposes
$4,230 (NY State UG) ($1980 tuition + $2,250 total fees)
(non-NY State UG: $5,517 tuition + $2,250 total fees)
$5,580 (NY State graduate students) ($3,330 tuition + $2,250 total fees)
(non-NY State Grad Students: $5,688 tuition + $2,250 total fees)
Cost Includes: • Tuition for 9 credits • Homestay with a Russian-speaking family • All class materials • Film, Lecture, and Cultural Events • Visa and registration Fees • International Student Health insurance • Stony Brook Administrative Fees
Application reviews begin Jan. 15, 2012; Final Application Deadline: March 1, 2012
For more information, please contact ACLI@notes.cc.sunysb.edu